Wednesday 26 September 2007

homework 26 september

Dear editor!

Yesterday I read the article „Giuliani forced into climbdown“ about the row between the mayor of New York and the Brooklyn museum. It was about a shocking picture which depicted a Virgin Mary adorned with elephant dung. I think it was a little bit exaggerated. In my opinion Giuliani overreacted when he threat to withhold funding. I agree with the opinion of the museum, because I think art has to be free and everybody has the right of free speech. I can’t understand why Giuliani wanted to forbid the picture just because it’s shocking. My opinion about art that shocks is that this kind of art is much more conspicuous. I think only if a painting is shocking it doesn’t have to be art, but it can be. Actually it can be good art.

Yours, Maria

138 words

1 comment:

Guenter said...

Good: you make only few mistakes. Weak: You say little in many words and you don't support your arguments. You just state them as a fact.